Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Putting together your international content strategy, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- When we translate and localize…a website's content for different countries…and languages, we're essentially creating…new content or even another website.…And that means that while we can certainly leverage…a lot of the work that we've done…for our primary website, we'll need to go through…an entire keyword and content strategy…for each of the different languages…and locations that we're targeting.…In this video, we're going to look at a…high-level outline of the strategy we'll need…to employ for our on-page optimizations…within the context of international SEO.…
Just like with traditional SEO,…this process starts with the foundational step…of keyword research.…And you'll wanna go through this process…in the language you're optimizing for…from the perspective of the location you're targeting.…This will help you to come up with…a language-specific list of keywords…that you can map to the content you're translating.…And we'll devote the next chapter to this process.…You'll likely start out with translations…of some of the top primary language keywords…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results