Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing international keyword research, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- Keyword research is the foundation and backbone…of any search engine optimization efforts.…As search engines evolve, and provide more personalized…and localized experiences,…understanding the words and phrases…that your audience will use when they're looking…for your products and services,…will continue to be important.…At the end of the day, in order to optimize,…you need to know what you're optimizing for.…When you move towards international SEO,…this concept remains the same.…You'll want to approach keyword research carefully,…taking into account cultural and linguistic considerations,…and competitive keywords used in your target market.…
And you'll want to take advantage of existing data sets…that can help you identify the most searched on,…the least competitive, and the most relevant terms…for your various language and location combinations.…Essentially, you'll use this keyword research…to inform and support your content strategy.…Targeting the most effective keywords…for each market or language…will help build up your exposure…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results