Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing for countries or languages, part of International SEO.
- International SEO is about promoting…and optimizing your content in order…to make the site visible to a target market or audience…across multiple countries and/or languages.…Depending on your business objectives…it could be that your site just…needs to provide specific content…to specific language populations.…Think of a US company that only serves the US…but still recognizes the need to cater…to a Spanish speaking population.…Or a Canadian organization that needs…to attract both English and French speakers.…
Or maybe, you're a multinational corporation…with locations in multiple regions all around the world…and you need to not only have content available…in local languages but maybe even…entire websites dedicated to these countries.…Not only would you need a French Canada internationalization…you would also need a French version for France…and maybe business conditions dictate…what you can or can't sell in each country.…Or if you're a news publisher,…you may have a completely different…set of content country by country.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Explain why backlinks are so important in both domestic and international SEO.
- Name three countries that have search engines that are more popular locally than Google.
- Determine the purpose of a content delivery network.
- Identify how UTF-8 encoding helps with searches in different languages.
- Recognize situations in which meta tags are useful.
- Apply helpful strategies to increase traffic to your websites.