Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Monitoring international search visibility with tools, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Ultimately, one thing you'll want to make sure…you're tracking is how your regionalized pages…are being discovered by search engines…and displayed for the keywords on your list.…At the end of the day, this comes down to rank checking.…But you'll also find that regularly monitoring your site…will help not just with knowing where you rank for keywords…in which countries and search engines,…but it will also show you how competitive your site is,…how successful it is in driving…the right kind of organic search traffic,…and constantly identifying areas…where you can make some improvements.…
Since we're talking about rank checking,…it's important to understand that search engines…have come a long way in personalizing results.…In the old days of SEO, there was one search engine…that returned the same results to everyone,…keyword by keyword.…But these days because of all the differences…that can show up depending on…where you are and who you are,…keyword rankings themselves have been made less clear…and, frankly, a little less important than they once were.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results