Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Measuring international SEO campaigns, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- In many ways, measuring the performance…of your international SEO efforts…is similar to what you do with any other marketing channel.…The trick here is that you'll be looking…at specific languages, regions,…or combinations of the two.…Generally, analytics tools offer a number of reports…that are helpful for tracking and reporting success.…While any of the major analytics tools out there…will have a similar functionality…to what we're going to discuss in this chapter,…for our purposes we're going to use Google Analytics,…as it's installed on more websites than any other.…
And we're really only gonna scratch the surface here.…If you're looking for more detail…on analytics tools in general,…then don't forget to check out…the Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics titles…here on lynda.com,…for a more in-depth look at the things…that analytics can do.…The first report we're going to look at…from an international SEO perspective,…is found by logging into Google Analytics,…clicking on Audience, then Geo,…and finally the Locations report.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results