Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Link building for international SEO, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- Link building for international content…generally follows the same rules as any other content,…but there are a few things to consider,…as they may have some effect on…your overall link building strategy.…Remember, search engines are trying to deliver…a search experience that's relevant to users,…in part based on where they are,…and there are certain parts of the ranking algorithms…that take regional factors into account.…One way they determine this is by analyzing…the backlinks, not just for quality and trustworthiness,…but they also take into consideration…what region those backlinks are associated with.…
In other words, if you are looking to optimize…your French-Canadian pages for a French-Canadian audience,…you'll be better off generating links…from French websites in Canada.…All other things being equal,…these links would be worth more to…your French-Canadian rankings than links…to your French-Canadian pages…from a Los Angeles-based English-language blog,…and this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results