Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Leveraging local and regional detection, part of International SEO.
- We know that search engines are pretty sophisticated…when it comes to detecting the languages…used on a site or the country…that the content is targeting.…Ultimately, a search engine's goal…is to provide the most relevant content…to the searcher and that often means…returning automatically detected localized content.…But what happens when a search engine…sends a user to an unintended area of your site?…This might be a situation like sending…an international user to your main website,…rather than their localized version,…or even sending them to a page…in a language they don't understand…or a regionalization for a country…they don't live in.…
This can be an occasional problem…and something you'll want to think about…as you optimize your site…for international visitors.…When it comes to detecting users…in different countries or users using browsers…in different languages, there are many ways…to detect errors like these…and redirect them to the appropriate content.…The most common method to provide content…to users based on location…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results