Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Impact of social networks and social sharing, part of International SEO.
- Social networking has been in international phenomenon…for several years now with interest growing,…not only for the major sites like Twitter and Facebook,…but for thousands of other social networks as well.…From an SEO perspective, social networks provide…opportunities to both obtain direct mentions and back links…and share your content on a massive scale…to attract even more.…And just like with search engines, if you're entering…international markets, you'll want to know…which ones matter the most to your new target audiences.…The list of social networking sites worldwide is huge…and the number of users that flock to them is mind-boggling.…
In face, the majority of Facebook users are actually…located outside the United States.…And even though the site is blocked by government…sensors, Facebook has over 95 million users in China.…Of course, if China is your target market,…you'll need to consider services…like Renren and Tencent as well.…Or until it was recently shut down, if you were going into…Brazil, you would have had to include Orkut in your plans.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Explain why backlinks are so important in both domestic and international SEO.
- Name three countries that have search engines that are more popular locally than Google.
- Determine the purpose of a content delivery network.
- Identify how UTF-8 encoding helps with searches in different languages.
- Recognize situations in which meta tags are useful.
- Apply helpful strategies to increase traffic to your websites.