Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling localization and unique content, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- For sites that target multiple locations,…creating tailored localized experiences…will begin with planning.…While simply offering translated versions…of your site's content in multiple language…is certainly an acceptable start,…when you're targeting multiple regions…you may find that you want to go a step further…and ensure that your content is optimized…for the local visitor.…In addition to helping provide a great user experience,…another benefit of creating content…for the local visitor…will be stronger signals to the search engines…that indicate your site's purpose…and these will help attract a more qualified audience…that will be interested in what you have to say.…
Additionally, taking the extra step to localize…your content to particular regions…can help you attract powerful links and mentions…from other local sites,…a concept we'll look at in more detail…later on in the course.…But what could be considered localized content…that strays from the simple direct translation…of your main website?…For starters, think about your site's core functionality.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results