Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding the best site and server architecture, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- Once you've decided the countries…and languages you're going to target,…structuring your website is a very important aspect…of international SEO.…And in this video we'll look at some of the…technical things that you can do to your websites and pages…to help search engines find and understand…the different internationalized components…of you web properties.…For a multilingual site,…determining where to place your translated content…is an important step,…and one that's not easily undone…once you've made your decision.…Some websites structure their multilingual websites…by placing different translations…on different subdomains.…
For example, you might place your…Spanish version of the site…on es.yourdomain.com,…using the two-character language code for Spanish.…Other websites will simply keep everything…on their main www site,…but place the different content in different subfolders.…This might look like www.yourdomain.com/es.…Both methods are effective in establishing…a different silo of content dedicated to a certain language.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results