Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating local competition, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- Search engine results pages are…getting more crowded every day.…You'll not only be competing against local competitors,…but also other search engine products…like news, maps, images and videos.…Ensuring that you remain competitive by…selecting keywords that will attract your target audience…will take research, time and a bit of effort.…And knowing what keywords you can…realistically compete for will make your…efforts not only more efficient,…but in all likelihood more profitable as well.…When it comes to keyword research tools…for international SEO, there are a number of tools…available to us that will give us the competitive data…we need to inform our keyword and content strategies.…
And while we can access research tools from search engines…like Baidu and Yandex for specific countries,…we still rely heavily on Google for many global markets.…But you've probably notice that when we do get…localized keyword data, the information provided tends to…show very small or sometimes non-existent search volumes…for many of the keywords you're interested in.…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results