Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Ensuring that core functionality works around the world, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- When you're developing your site's structure…for multilingual or multinational audiences,…and figuring out where you're going to host it,…it's often easy to overlook…some of the core functionality of your site…that you'll need to ensure is working flawlessly…as you enter different different countries…and start using different languages.…Above all else,…we want to provide a Positive User Experience,…and while this may not be directly related to SEO,…indirectly it most certainly will have an impact…on how your site is crawled,…as well as how and in what context…you obtain links from elsewhere on the web.…
What this really comes down to is two things:…First, it means addressing any common website functionality…that might slip through your translations.…And second, it means taking a hard look…at regional nuances that you'll need to be able to handle.…Let's focus first on Common Website Functionality.…Here, we're talking about things…like your site-wide navigation,…global headers and footers,…and even site-wide things like how error messaging…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results