Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Determining target markets and audiences, part of International SEO Fundamentals.
- If you're just starting out with optimizing…for your international search presence,…there are multiple factors that…you'll need to take into consideration.…And while most will speak to…your company goals and your business model,…there are also some things to think about…when deciding which markets you'll target…for these efforts, and the resources…you'll allocate against them.…Let's look at a fictitious UK-based clothing company…that's successfully launched into China recently…and is now considering expanding to…the rest of the European Union.…The first thing to realize is that…the website infrastructure required…for global operations is going to take a lot of work,…especially if their efforts to date…have focused on a well-optimized presence…for the domestic UK customer base.…
Now we're talking about many different countries,…each with one or more languages,…and each with unique cultural aspects…that need to be understood.…By expanding to countries in the EU,…this means they'll now require significant…infrastructure adjustments to not only ensure…
David reviews global and regional aspects of how to determine target markets and optimize your website for different countries and languages. He then explains the technical elements of international SEO, including how search engines handle multilingual and multiregional content, and which methods to use to let search engines know just whom you're targeting. Viewers then explore international content strategy and crucial on-page elements and optimization strategies.
Then learn how to perform keyword research—taking into account cultural considerations and local competition. The course moves on to explore such off-site factors as social sharing and link building, and shows how to measure results via a number of SEO-specific tools, as well as Google Analytics.
- Optimizing websites for different countries and languages
- Determining target global markets
- Handling the technical aspects of international SEO
- Localizing content
- Researching international keywords
- Building a global reputation and authority
- Measuring international SEO results