In this video, learn how to GeoEnrich your data prior to creating your model.
- [Instructor] One of the most powerful features of SAP Analytics Cloud is something called geo enrichment. Geo enrichment allows us to create interactive, geographical maps using our raw data. And the best part is, assuming that we have the necessary inputs, it's dead easy. Make sure that SAP Analytics Cloud is open and then from the Main menu, click on Browse, and then select Files. If you already have data models and dashboards that have been created, you'll see them here in the list. But what we're going to do is work with a draft data set. Under the Container icon, click on the dropdown box, and then select EmploymentStats. Once the draft data has opened, you'll notice a dialog box appears letting us know that we're just working with a sample of the data at this stage. Let's just go ahead and click on OK. What we're going to do now is create something called a geo enrichment. And we do this by selecting the Geo Enrichment icon under Actions. Let's select the dropdown box and then click on Coordinates. A dialog box appears providing us with a number of options. A dimension name has been pre-populated by SAP Analytics Cloud. You can change this if you want, but I think Location probably makes the most amount of sense. We have a few options here under Identifiers, but we don't need to change them. We do need coordinates. And what you'll notices is that SAP Analytics Cloud has been clever enough to work out that for latitude, we want to use the Latitude field, and longitude for the Longitude field. We don't need to make any changes here. Let's just go ahead and click on Create. And in just a few moments, SAP Analytics Cloud has created a new column called Location here to the right. And you'll notice a Location icon has appeared, and that let's us know that this column has been geo enriched, meaning we can use it to produce heat maps and the like later on. Let's go ahead and save the data before we do anything further, and there you have it. In just a couple of simple steps, we have geo enriched our data allowing us to create powerful maps later on.
- What is SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Establishing data connections
- Transforming data
- Creating models
- Creating and customizing stories in Cloud BI
- Gaining insights with Cloud AI
- Collaborating with SAP Analytics Cloud