Check out the rest of the iPad Music Production courses for more information on making professional-level recordings with your iPad.
- Setting up inputs
- Using the tuner
- Demoing amp and FX settings
- Choosing an amp and cabinet
- Saving favorite amps and presets
- Importing songs to play along with
- Using effects and sends
- Exporting your song
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to another title in our series on iPad music production. In this course, we're looking at AmpliTube from IK Multimedia, an app that lets you play your guitar through your iPad and dial in, and record a virtually unlimited selection of classic and modern guitar sounds. We'll start by looking at how to set up and connect your guitar, or bass to your iPad. (electric guitar note) And then how to use built-in tools, like the tuner and the metronome. From there, I'll show you how to experiment with sounds, by changing amp, cabinet, and microphone settings.
(electric guitar strum) Once we have our sounds dialed in, we'll look at how to record with AmpliTube's eight track recorder. (electric guitar chords) And finally, you'll see how to mix down and export your song to share with others. (rock and roll chords) If you're a guitar player, you're going to love the incredibly diverse selection of sounds and tools that are packed into the single studio-quality app. So, let's get started with iPad Music Production, Amplitube.