Learn why using the Default VPC is easy but perhaps a security risk.
- [Instructor] We can create a VPC that's completely custom, … but Amazon provides us with a default VPC. … But as we're going to learn, … a default VPC is really for demos. … I like to describe the default VPC as a network in a box. … It gives us a /20 CIDR block, … which means we can create up to 4,000 nodes per subnet, … which are already pre-created in the default VPC. … So they've done some of the work for us. … But they've also attached an internet gateway to our VPC. … And you might not want public access, … but the internet gateway has been attached, … making it much easier to set up public access … to your instances. … There's also a route table entry for the internet gateway. … And we have default subnets created … in every single availability zone in the region … where the default VPC has been created. … Another way of looking at that concept … is that in every availability zone in every region … in your AWS account is a default VPC already set up. … So instances that you order and place in the default VPC …
- Creating a VPC
- Creating subnets
- Default and custom route tables
- IP addressing
- Creating security groups
- Configuring an internet gateway
- Peering VPCs together
- Sharing VPC resources
- Creating flow logs for monitoring
- Controlling access with IAM roles
- Dedicated tenancy
- Using automation for compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know2m 7s
1. VPC Architecture
2. Creating VPCs
3. Creating Subnets
4. IP Addressing
5. VPC Security
6. VPC Public Connectivity
7. VPC Private Connectivity
8. VPC Compliance
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.