Learn more about the upside and potential downsides of adopting services with AWS.
- [Instructor] Amazon Web Services,…like infrastructure itself,…is a complex offering that has many benefits.…What a business considers a key advantage…will be different depending on the pain point…they are facing.…I will cover some of the general benefits offered…by Amazon Web Services.…Probably the most welcome benefit is the cost…of infrastructure.…Amazon does not require large sums…as an entry point to their infrastructure,…instead, Amazon bases their fees on use.…Unlike the past, this allows businesses…to align cost with value.…
To view the benefits of cost,…Amazon has built a set of cost calculators…they call the Cloud Economic Calculator.…I highly recommend talking advantage of these calculators.…The cost savings of on-prem versus hosted can be dramatic.…Amazon offers savings calculators…based on the use case you may be interested in.…We'll take a look at the Total Cost…of Ownership Calculator later on in this course.…Another benefit is no doubt the flexibility of AWS.…AWS platform allows customers to remain open…
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Building big data on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Building Big Data on AWS
3. Backing Up Data with AWS
4. Mobile Solutions Using AWS
5. IoT Approaches with AWS
AWS Greengrass1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.