Learn the benefits of developing applications using infrastructure as code in this video.
- [Instructor] I know this is Serverless Course, … so why have a whole leader about infrastructure as code? … Because in my opinion, … the only way to have a viable serverless application … in production is to use Infrastructure as Code. … So what is Infrastructure as Code? … Infrastructure as Code means to use … a high level programming language … to control the infrastructure of IT systems. … When your infrastructure can be treated as code, … you can start applying the same techniques … to the infrastructure, … that you apply to the code like testing, code reviews, … automatic testing, and so on. … Also, when the infrastructure is in a code form, … it can be replicated many times minimizing the errors. … All this will improve the quality of your infrastructure. … So if we go to the AWS console for AWS Lambda, … we can see how defining a lambda in the console looks like. … So if we would like to define this lambda in the console, … we will need to click through a lot of things, … and do this repeatedly in …
- Backend as a service (BaaS)
- Function as a service (FaaS)
- Why infrastructure as code is so important
- Creating an order
- Setting up DynamoDB
- Saving into a DynamoDB table
- Using AWS SDK
- Sending a message to the stream
- Deploying and testing an application
- Cleaning up an AWS environment
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: AWS AppSync with GraphQLwith Bear Cahill1h 25m Intermediate
Introduction to AWS DeepLenswith Jonathan Fernandes33m 50s Intermediate
What you should know1m 27s
1. Get Started with Serverless
2. Get Started with Kinesis
3. SNS, SQS, and Kinesis
4. Lifecycle of a Message in the Stream
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.