In this video, learn the key reasons for controlling AWS cloud service costs.
- [Instructor] As we get started learning How to control…AWS Service Costs, I always want to talk about…and think about the why before we get into the how.…So, why is this important?…Why is this a focus for an entire course?…The thinking around the Cloud is one of the key reasons…to move your implementations and services…to the Cloud is to save money.…So the common assumption is a move to the Cloud…will automatically result in significant cost savings.…There's this idea that the Cloud is automatically cheaper.…
And I have to tell you, from my many years of experience,…that is just not the case.…This is not a magic situation and it's extremely important…that you have a very grounded understanding of how…to manage and control Cloud costs.…I've had many situations where I've been called in…where Cloud expenditures were out of control.…And apparently, I'm not the only one.…This is an interesting report that was done by RightScale,…the State of the Cloud, and if you notice here,…one of the biggest pain points, it's really tied for first,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.