In this video, learn the best approach to staffing for AWS service cost control.
- [Instructor] As we get started learning…about AWS cost control,…I want to think about an aspect…that isn't often discussed,…but is extremely important in meeting your goals.…And that really has very little to do…with tools, processes, and technology.…It has to do with people.…What I've seen over and over…are that groups of people who work as a team…to understand and control costs…to meet metrics that are clearly defined will meet them.…And this might not be surprising…for my business listeners.…
But for my technical listeners,…this might be kind of a new area to think about…in terms of working with Amazon cost control.…Very specifically, in situations where,…for example, the developers are left…to understand the control costs, it usually doesn't happen.…And sometimes, in the case of startups,…I've even seen startups actually nearly fail…because of uncontrolled costs.…They've called me in to help…with these kinds of situations.…So it's a very, very important aspect…of AWS cost control…to have members from the various teams.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisions (2017)with David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.