Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video What is storage?, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In this module,…we're going to look at the different types of storage…that are available within the AWS cloud.…Let's start with what storage actually is,…specifically as it relates to the cloud.…It's a place to store your data,…which you probably figured.…But the difference between storage in the cloud…and storage that we often see on premises,…is that in the cloud, it's oftentimes a lot more scalable,…durable, and also secure.…By scalable, we mean that the amount of storage…that you have in a particular location,…you could actually expand the capacity of that container,…whether that's going to be object storage…or file storage or other types of storage.…
By durable, we mean that when you write the data,…you're going to be able to get it back.…It's not going to vanish on the disk.…Durability versus availability are very different.…Durability refers to the fact…that the data is not going to permanently disappear…because something happened to the disks…and your data's permanently lost.…Availability means that the data is online…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.