See types of services to monitor on AWS, such as files, databases, compute resources such as EC2, and others. Understand advanced monitoring for continuous deployment scenarios, such as blue/green deployments.
- [Instructor] As you continue to work…on your monitoring strategy,…you want to think about services.…So you want to have some sort of diagram…that lists all the services, those that are provided by AWS,…external services, all the parts of your application.…So of course we're going to start,…because this is an AWS monitoring course,…by looking at how to monitor individual AWS services.…Then we'll combine them into sets of components.…Now, in the real world, that's usually your code,…deployed maybe on EC2 or Docker or something,…and then one or more AWS services.…
And then we'll eventually move to entire applications.…We'll first look at monitoring when we just deploy it,…and then we'll look at utilization patterns.…Now because this course is being recorded…over a short time period,…I'll have to simulate some unusual load,…to simulate utilization patterns,…I don't have the luxury of time.…And then we're going to look at an advanced technique,…nearer the end, by what's called a blue/green deployment,…past and current version of entire application,…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.