Explore the concept of how organizations manage data.
- [Instructor] Your business or organization…both depends on and generates data.…Product orders, government records, student transcripts,…emails, project documents, even chat logs.…Though it's no longer paper, that data…we create still piles up, and quickly.…Causing genuine risk for organizations…whose operations depend on their data.…How do we make sure that we can access…the data we need when we need it?…While at the same time minimizing…storage and maintenance costs.…That effort is called data lifecycle management.…The act of devising and implementing policies…to control data as it flows through your organization.…
What is the data lifecycle?…Well there are a number of definitions out there,…but in short it's a bit like the water cycle.…Data progresses from inception to active usage, to archive,…and from there either deleted…for good or back into active usage.…So when we talk about data lifecycle management what we mean…is enacting policies to migrate data to different tiers…of storage as it progresses through the lifecycle.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
6. Moving Data in AWS
5. Getting Data to AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.