Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video What is a VPC?, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In this module, we're going to talk about…the AWS Virtual Private Cloud, known as the VPC.…So what exactly is a VPC?…Well, it's the section of the AWS network…that's carved out and dedicated to a particular customer.…It gives you the ability to launch different instances…or services in an area that is private to you.…Now the VPC itself is a private set of networks though.…It's not just one network.…You might have multiple different IP networks within it…and it can also be interconnected with other VPCs…that you might have in your own account…or possibly even other accounts.…
Now a VPC is dedicated to a particular region.…So when you create a VPC,…you'll be able to select which region…that it will be located in.…The VPC is then shared among the availability zones.…However, things like IP subnets will be associated…with a single availability zone.…The VPC will span and allow all communication…between the availability zones inside of a region…which means that it's going to be possible for you…to do things like replicate data…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.