Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video What is EC2?, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] In those module,…we're going to look at the Amazon EC2 instances…and what all they can do for you.…Let's start with an explanation.…EC2 is somewhat of an acronym.…It stands for the Elastic Cloud Compute.…You can have a lot of different instances,…and each one of these instances…is actually a virtual machine.…Amazon maintains the hypervisor,…but you get control over the operating system,…which also means that you're responsible…for things like that patching of the operating system,…and also your applications.…
It's a scalable and secure computespace,…which means that you can add more instances as you need.…Amazon will have the capacity to support this,…and it's also secure in the sense that…you'll be able to get specialized SSH keys,…that we can then use to log in to one of these instances.…So, you can have very secure remote access into the instance…to set up all your different applications.…From a billing perspective,…if you're running a Linux instance,…you'll actually build on a per-second basis,…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.