Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video What is an EC2 instance type?, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] EC2 comes in a number…of different instance types…and this represents really the type of hardware…that's going to back your virtual server.…They have a nomenclature…that you can see here on the screen.…In our example, we have T2.micro.…The T represents the family,…the two represents the generation,…and the word micro represents the size.…Each type has a specific purpose…and we'll look at how those differ…as we move through this lesson.…
There are three different components.…As we said, there's a family and that is represented here…by the letter T.…There are always going to be letters.…Now the family defines the different capabilities…so we're going to see…a number of different types of instances,…some may be very much focused on storage,…others might be memory optimized,…others might even have graphics cards that are very robust…for specialty cases.…The generation is roughly equivalent to a version number.…That number can increment over time.…It just designates that AWS has gone in…and updated the hardware or added new functionalities…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.