Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video What is AMI?, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In this module, we're going to talk about…Amazon Machine Images, also known as AMIs,…or more often times pronounced as ah-mee.…So what exactly is an AMI?…It's really a template of sorts.…It contains the information that is needed…in order to launch any EC2 instances.…In fact, all EC2 instances are actually backed by AMIs.…When you launch an instance,…you'll specify which AMI you want to launch it from.…
This is going to define things, like the operating system,…and potentially other software that might be installed.…Now, you can launch as many instances…from one AMI as you'd like.…And you can also launch as many instances…from different AMIs.…The AMIs themselves can even be created by you,…so you could set up a new instance,…you could actually spawn it from an AMI,…customize it to your liking, and then create an AMI from it.…And we'll look at how to do that later on in this module.…Now, you can create an EBS backed AMI,…which is the most common deployment type.…
EBS, again, was our iSCSI solution…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.