Develop the skills you need to successfully manage data in the cloud with AWS. Learn about configuring storage, backups, security, and disaster recovery, with services such as S3, RDS, EFS, and Glue.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Brandon Rich, application integration architect at the University of Notre Dame. Over the past three years our organization undertook a massive migration of services, business processes, and data to the cloud with Amazon Web Services. In the process, we've learned a tremendous amount and become a recognized leader in cloud operations for the higher education space. In this course you'll learn the ins and outs of object storage and life cycle management in S three. Scene migration, backup, and replication of relational data in RDS.
Experience flexible network file storage in EFS. And even move and transform data with AWS's newest data management service, glue. Oh, and if you ever wondered how to get Amazon to send a semi-truck full of disk storage to your door, be sure to check out the video on snowball. Now let's get started.
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.