Get a review of the warm standby procedure and also an overview of the section demos.
- [Narrator] Warm Standby DR includes a fully functional…but scaled down environment in your DR region.…In the event of a disaster,…the DR environment would be scaled up…to handle the full production workload…by, either, adding more instances behind the load balancer,…which is referred to as horizontal scaling,…or, resizing the application server…to a larger instance size,…which is known as vertical scaling.…In our simple architecture,…we're not using a load balancer,…so there is only one application server.…This means vertical scaling will be required.…
An organization must have a procedure…for changing DNS records or…Route 53 health checks can also be used…for automated DNS failover.…In our section demos, we will review…Route 53 policy routing configurations…with a full failover to our DR environment.…
AuthorJosh von Schaumburg
- DR in the public cloud
- Recovery time objective (RTO)
- Recovery point objective (RPO)
- AWS platform services that support DR
- Comparing the four DR architectures
- Differences between high availability and DR
- Cold DR procedure
- Pilot light DR procedure
- Warm standby procedure
- Multisite DR failover
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Cybersecurity with Cloud Computingwith Malcolm Shore2h 25m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
1. Disaster Recovery Overview
2. Disaster Recovery in AWS
Four DR architectures3m 44s
3. Cold Disaster Recovery Scenario
4. Pilot Light Disaster Recovery Scenario
5. Warm Standby Disaster Recovery Scenario
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.