Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Versioning, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Object versioning within S3…gives us the ability to go back to a previous point in time…in the event that you overwrote…or deleted a particular object from within S3.…So what exactly does it do?…Well it's actually keeping multiple variations…or versions of an object inside the same bucket.…Now the trouble with this is…that this means that you're actually…going to keep multiple copies,…which is going to increase the amount of storage…that you have inside of your bucket.…Also, once you enable versioning on a bucket,…you can't ever disable it.…
You can only suspend it from keeping future versions.…The biggest benefit is that it allows you to recover objects…if you accidentally delete them…or if there was an overwrite.…It's also good when an application that you might have…fails or crashes or doesn't do exactly what you're expecting…and it leaves some sort of a partially uploaded object…that is corrupt and not usable by your customers.…So here's an example.…We have our jpg file with a particular ID number.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.