Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video VPC peering, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Out next topic talks about…how we can communicate between different VPCs,…whether it's in the same region or even between regions.…VPC peering is the ability…to perform routing between two VPCs.…It's going to allow traffic to move and back forth…between the different VPCs without going over the internet.…The VPCs can be in the same region…or they can be in a different region,…but they can't have overlapping IPs.…
Also, they're not transitive.…We'll look more into what this means coming up.…Now another nice advantage is that…you can actually peer between VPCs…whether they're in your count or in other accounts,…which means you can actually set up…different accounts in AWS…to house things like resources…and then you could have other accounts…that are kind of like consumers.…And you could allow the consumers…to access the resources account, therefore,…more or less, keeping separation…in the event that your consumer's account is compromised.…
Hopefully, you didn't keep the same passwords.…And therefore your resources account remains isolated.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.