Understand how to use an elastic IP, EC2, and Route53 together.
- [Narrator] Let's get started with using an Elastic IP…with Route 53.…Before we dive into the console,…let's quickly review what we're about to do.…First, I'm going to allocate a new Elastic IP.…After I have my new EIP,…I'm going to associate it with my word press instance.…With that done, I'm going to update the A record…in Route 53 for sbndemo.org to point to the EIP.…Finally, I'll wait for DNS to propagate this change.…Let's get started.…Here I am at the EC2 dashboard.…
I want to allocate a new VIP.…In the left-hand nav, I look for Network and Security…and click the Elastic IPs link.…Allocating a new address is simple.…All I need to do is click the Allocate New Address button…in the center of the screen.…At the confirmation screen,…I click the blue Yes Allocate button.…The allocation request is fulfilled very, very quickly.…The confirmation screen shows my new Elastic IP.…I'm going to copy the IP address into my clipboard…so I can paste it into Route 53 in a little bit.…
Clicking the blue close button…dismisses the confirmation screen.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.