Learn how automation helps to achieve compliance.
- [Instructor] In the cloud, we want to be compliant … with what our company expects us to do … from a security standpoint, especially. … But humans, we like to take shortcuts. … So, we are a potential problem. … What we might want to consider is using automation … wherever we can at AWS. … Sometimes, when you talk to somebody who's deploying … architecture in the cloud, … they'll use terms like orchestration, … but the fact is deploying is boring. … You want it to be boring. … You want it to be exactly the same every single time. … That means getting the humans out of the loop … and having automation take over. … Automation is really nothing more than running a script … that has exact ladder logic as to what it's going to do. … Now, the testing can take a period of time … to actually get it working, but long term, … you're going to save a ton of time with automation, … 'cause it works exactly the same way every single time. … And let's face it, setting up networking … is kind of boring after you've set it up once. …
- Creating a VPC
- Creating subnets
- Default and custom route tables
- IP addressing
- Creating security groups
- Configuring an internet gateway
- Peering VPCs together
- Sharing VPC resources
- Creating flow logs for monitoring
- Controlling access with IAM roles
- Dedicated tenancy
- Using automation for compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know2m 7s
1. VPC Architecture
2. Creating VPCs
3. Creating Subnets
4. IP Addressing
5. VPC Security
6. VPC Public Connectivity
7. VPC Private Connectivity
8. VPC Compliance
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.