Learn how AWS CodeStar works with AWS CloudFormation service templates in the deploy stage of the CI/CD stage of the AWS CodePipeline.
- [Instructor] So I've been mentioning…CloudFormation templates, and it's time to dig in.…A key component of automation on the Amazon ecosystem…is service configuration as code.…Now, this can be handled in a number of ways.…In production projects,…I've actually used AWS CLI scripts to, for example,…create EC2 instances, create lambda, so on and so forth,…but this is really arduous…'cause you have to write the scripts manually.…Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of tool…that could automatically generate…an executable set of code or scripts?…Well, that's what CloudFormation is for.…
Although it does take some time to figure out…how to use it because it's complex and powerful,…it is a key part of process automation,…including CI/CD for Amazon.…So how does it work?…Well, you can see on the left we have a template…and this happens to be in a code format called YAML.…You can use YAML or JSON…and these are just script notations.…And on the right, you have a visual representation.…So it's not just a pretty picture,…
- Continuous delivery (CD) approaches
- Automation approaches
- Core services of AWS
- Core AWS tools
- Advanced CD
- Advanced automation
- Using third-party tools for CD and automation
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Continuous Delivery (CD) and Automation Approaches
2. CD and Automation with Core AWS Services
3. Using AWS Tools for Advanced CD and Automation
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Infrastructure as code4m 22s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.