Work with the AWS billing dashboard.
- [Instructor] So, here we are in the billing…and cost management dashboard…and the next section after dashboard…on the left side here is bills.…This is a detailed list of your service bills…and you can see it by date…and you can download it as well…and you can see the various charges.…And if you had multiple accounts,…you would have bill details by accounts here.…The next section is cost explorer.…So, we click on this link to launch the cost explorer…and this has a number of preconfigured views.…
Here, we're looking at monthly EC2,…running hours, cost, and usage.…And you can see that…we have lots and lots of information about EC2.…As I've been saying throughout this course,…EC2 is one of the most used services…and there's opportunity around properly controlling the cost…because I find the majority of the people I work with…just buy on-demand instances…and don't look at sizing and don't look at uptime…and don't look at all the cost optimization…and you really can save a lot of money.…
So, if you scroll down here,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.