Overlaying reality with digital instances requires a platform that can calculate both simultaneously. Learn how the Amazon Sumerian platform on AWS can enable and design a digital world.
- [Instructor] AR and VR are emerging technologies. At present, there is no one clear path to solution design. As the field continues to define best practices, AWS simplifies the entry into the creation of AR and VR solutions by resolving to publish once and be available everywhere, no matter what device is present. AWS accomplishes a published once position by adopting Mozilla's WebXR as a development architecture, taking advantage of a present leader in the web-oriented AR/VR technologies. Let's jump into Sumerian and take a look around. Back in the AWS Management Console, let's type Sum and there we go. Select Amazon Sumarian. Hit Enter, and we are presented with the integrated development environment and project home for Amazon Sumerian. This is the Home view. If you have a draft, it will be here. And anything you've thrown away will be here. Back at the Home screen, we see the templates given to us. We'll use those to review what it can do. So instead of creating a new scene, let's select Speech and Gestures. Give it a name, sumexample, Create, and now we're presented with the entire integrated development environment that is Sumerian. Some important things to note about this UI, all of your assets are on the right side. You can close or open it. You can check your browser's availability by this mask. Notice the browser I'm on does not support WebVR. All of the assets used to build this IDE are here, and can be found up here under the Project Sum example. If we go down to play this current scene, it will load and give us our example. In order to make changes, I'll need to hit stop, and my new environment is reloaded. Notice I can change ground material across the right-hand column, and any of these assets loaded by default. I can select Cristine, rename her to Cristina. I can change custom attributes, the host, and the speech. The key is to understand that Sumerian is an entire integrated environment using Mozilla's WebXR that can then be published to the web for use in your solution.
- Comparing AWS to previous IT solutions
- Benefits of AWS
- AWS security and pricing
- Planning big data solutions on AWS
- Cloud storage and databases
- Data warehousing
- Backing up data
- AWS for mobile services
- IoT approaches
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) on AWS
- Planning AWS blockchain solutions
- Deep learning and robotics on AWS