Pinpoint allows for two types of audience segment definitions. Imported segments are defined by imported data—CSV or JSON—with user contact information and what channel to use. Dynamic segments define criteria for users to meet. When met—or no longer met—users are added—or removed—from a segment.
- [Instructor] So we've been talking very conceptually … about things like segments, channels, … messages, that type of thing, … but I need to come clean. … I have to be honest. … I've been using a term a little bit loosely … just for the sake of the concepts, … and that's the term of users or endpoints, … that type of the thing, … the idea that you send these messages to users. … Well, the problem is you don't really … send messages to users, do you? … A human does not receive the messages. … Their device receives the message, … and those devices are called endpoints in Pinpoint. … So you have a user that might have … various endpoints, right? … You might have multiple devices. … So, I just wanted to make the distinction here. … We're going to looking at importing segments in a little bit, … and the way you do that is through a text file, … either JSON or CSV, like this example here. … The first line contains the various attributes, … and then each row after that has … information about an endpoint. …
- Analytics and user engagement
- AWS account and console
- Users, endpoints, and channels
- Imported and dynamic segments
- Creating a Pinpoint project
- Creating a campaign
- Launching a campaign
- Sending messages
- Funnel analytics
- Monitoring and metrics
- Security with IAM
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: Simple Email Service (SES)with Jeremy Villeneuve1h 20m Intermediate
Building Intelligent Chatbots on AWSwith Bear Cahill1h 12m Advanced
1. AWS Pinpoint Overview
2. Segments and Data
3. Engagement Campaigns
4. Analytical Data
5. Technical Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.