User authentication has more options than you usually think of. This is true for AWS user authentication as well. Not only are there options like Google, Facebook, and Twitter, but there are UI decisions and options, email versus username—or both—, multi-factor authorization, and more. Explore some of the basics in this video.
- [Narrator] Okay, so now that we've added analytics…and hosting to our app,…we're going to add authentication.…Let's take a quick look where we are.…So I'm going to type amplify status.…We see that we have the categories we've added,…authentication, analytics and hosting.…We also have the Pinpoint URL we can look at,…the hosting endpoint we can look at.…Also, if we look at the src/aws-exports.js…we can see the details of our project region,…Cognito, mobile analytics, content delivery bucket…and so forth.…
So now we're going to add…another category…authentication.…So we type…amplify…add auth.…Now, we run into a little bit of a problem here.…Authentications already been added by one of…the other steps we've already run…but that's no problem.…All we have to do is go…amplify auth update.…And, we go through the normal process.…We're going to use the default configuration.…These are settings for things like…how long the users password has to be,…what type of confirmation,…in this case it's email…and so forth.…
I'm fine with the default configuration…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.