User authentication with Amplify is mostly done in the app. It's easy too. You need to add the needed frameworks via CocoaPods to the project. In the app itself, you can now check to see if a user is currently logged in. If they are not, you can present the provided UI to allow them to create an account or log in.
- So now we're going to do some actual app development…but not very much because it doesn't take very much.…We already have the configuration in our app…and we're going to move that down here…and all we have to do is set it up to show…the UI that we've included.…So the first thing we're going to do is in the app delegate.…We're going to include the AWS mobile client…CocoaPod framework, so on line 10 I'll type…import AWSMobileClient, and I'm going to build…just to make sure everything's okay.…After this, we're going to initialize the AWS…mobile client's singleton instance.…
So down in here in the did finish launching with options…and our build was successful, I'm going to add…a couple of new lines after line 23…and on line 25 I'm going to type…AWSMobileClient….sharedinstance.initialize…and that takes a closure with two parameters,…the user state and error.…Now, when we initially run this app, the user state…is going to be signed out because nobody's signed in, obviously…so what we can do is we can just print user state…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.