See the new application tracing X-Ray dashboard service in action. Trace application traffic across AWS services via the X-Ray dashboards and traces.
- [Instructor] The next service we're going to look at…is strangely under Developer Tools.…It's called X-Ray.…Now I see this more as a management tool,…but Amazon's putting it under Developer Tools.…Notice it's on Preview, or Beta, as of this recording.…So it depends on when you watch this movie,…the features might have changed.…So X-Ray makes it easy for developers…to analyze the behavior of their distributed application…by providing request tracing, exception collection,…and profiling capabilities.…It allows you to debug.…It allows you to trace,…and it creates a map of services used by your application,…to provide you with a view of connections among clients,…end-to-end, and downstream services.…
So let's take a look.…Launch a sample application.…Click next.…And let's make sure we're launching a…now familiar CloudFormation template.…And let's make sure I'm doing all these things right.…Okay, and then click Launch Sample Application.…And we got our template.…And X-Ray sample.…Let's pick a VPC.…And then let's see the subnets…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.