This video covers how to use Route53 and S3 to host a static website.
- [Instructor] Route 53 has a very interesting…extension to DNS that provides…unique hooks into other AWS services.…This feature is called a Route 53 Alias Resource Record Set.…An Alias Resource Record Set is an…AWS specific extension to regular DNS.…In regular DNS, you use IP addresses and domain names.…A Route 53 alias can be configured to point…to an S3 bucket that has been configured to be…available as a static website.…This also allows you to host a static website…in S3 and manage its domain in Route 53.…
Alias can also reference an Elastic Load Balancer.…This is useful if you're fronting multiple…EC2 instances with an ELB.…You can make application level changes,…alter your availability zone strategy…or incorporate auto-scaling groups to meet elastic demand.…You can do all of that without…having to worry about reconfiguring DNS.…If you want to take advantage of…CloudFront as your content delivery network,…you'll be happy to know that an alias…can point to a CloudFront distribution.…Finally, if you use Elastic Beanstalk to…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Training (2014)with Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Cloud Computing First Look (2012)with David Rivers1h 27m Beginner
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.