See how to monitor the state of a running system with functionality similar to Puppet or Chef. See how to start a sample stack, using a Node.js application.
- [Instructor] The next service is OpsWorks.…This is a configuration management service…that lets you build and operate…highly dynamic applications and propagate changes instantly.…So you have two ways to work with this.…You have stacks, so you can define, group, provision,…deploy, and operate your applications…in AWS using Chef which is a third-party…deployment tool in local mode.…Or you have OpsWorks for Chef Automate,…and you can create Chef servers that include…Chef Automate premium features, or use…the Chef DK or any Chef tooling to manage them.…
Now this is very specialized, but of course…Chef and also there's another tool called Puppet,…are highly, highly used in the DevOps base…to automate deployments.…So the idea is to work in conjunction…with these popular solutions.…I haven't set Chef up, and there are separate courses…in the LinkedIn Learning library on Chef,…so I'll just lightly sort of look at this,…so you can see how the Amazon side works.…So I'll click on Go to OpsWorks Stacks,…and they have a little video which you can watch,…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.