See how to require and monitor a live environment for service configuration settings, such as versioning on an S3 bucket via rules which are verified over defined time periods and results which are logged.
- [Instructor] The next service to look at is Config.…So Config gives you an inventory of AWS resources…and a history of configuration changes…to these resources.…You can use Config to define rules…that evaluate these configurations for compliance.…So, you might be getting a little confused here,…because this is similar to Change Sets…in CloudFormation.…The difference is the word rules,…and so Config is a higher level of management…or monitoring on your service configurations,…and that you have rules and you can see…the results of whether or not your services…are properly setup.…
Let's dive into this and look at an example.…So you set this up and Amazon…provides prebuilt rules that you can work with,…and we'll use one of those.…You can customize the rules,…and the key aspect of this service is continuous compliance,…so this is not for every environment.…This is for enterprises typically that have…stringent compliance requirements.…So I'm going to just click on Get started,…and I can look at all resources,…global resources like IAMs that are not specific…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.