See CloudWatch for monitoring via metrics that you chose to view. See CloudWatch logs, events, and alarms.
- [Instructor] Here we are back in our console…and we're going to go ahead and click on CloudWatch.…Now we're going to get rid of this notification…that tells us that we have Alarms on Dashboards…and a Color Picker.…And we see here that we have…262 CloudWatch metrics available in US East.…And we can Browse our Metrics.…And inside of here we don't have any activity,…because you'll remember in previous movies…we sped up, for example, so EC2 instances,…but other than putting some files in our S3 bucket…and invoking our Lambda once…we really didn't generate much activity.…
You can see that for EBS, or Elastic Block Storage,…we have 36 Metrics.…For EC2 we have 71 Metrics.…So I'm going to click on EC2…and I have 50 Metrics Per-Instance.…You can see for our demo instance here…I have the Metrics that we basically saw…over on the EC2 instance,…so you might be wondering why would you bother…to put it over here on CloudWatch?…Well, the idea is you can build a Dashboard…that contains metrics for multiple instances…or multiple services,…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.