Create a monitor for EC2 CPU, disk, and network.
- (Narrator) We've explored how CloudWatch…can raise an alert based on event.…Now let's look at a practical use case…when CloudWatch comes into play.…Minecraft is a very popular computer game.…Run locally, it is possible to have people…on the same network play the game together.…However, to include remote players, you have to…create a remote server which can be accessed by all players.…Let's say you create a Minecraft server in AWS.…Being fiscally prudent, you only want to run the server…when people are actually playing.…
You can let people know when the server is available…using a CloudWatch alarm.…When the CloudWatch alarm enters an alarm state,…it will send out a message to an SNS topic.…Any subscribers will receive an email…indicating that an evening of fun awaits.…Let's dive into the console and make this happen.…Here I am at the EC2 dashboard within the AWS console.…Clicking on the running instances link,…I see that I have a variety of instances available,…but that none are currently running.…
Since this is my research account, I have a number…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.