See how to use CloudTrail to log/alert on specific API service calls. Understand how CloudTrail can work in conjunction with CloudWatch.
- [Instructor] The next service is CloudTrail.…People get confused between CloudTrail and CloudWatch,…and let's just take a couple minutes…to explore the difference here.…Very clear, CloudTrail provides a record…of your AWS API calls, so specific APIs on a service.…This is very much for auditing,…so you can audit what your users are doing,…you can troubleshoot operational and security incidents,…and you can demonstrate compliance…with your policies or regulatory standards.…
So, it stores log files in S3,…and you can look up specific API activity,…so they give you an example.…Which IM user made a particular call?…Which API calls failed due to permission issues?…And, most importantly, you can get notified,…so you can send CloudTrail logs to CloudWatch logs,…that's a little bit tricky,…and you can receive notifications.…Remember, CloudWatch is your alerting mechanism by default.…CloudTrail as we'll see allows you to say,…this API call is interesting to me,…log this particular history.…
What I find is CloudTrail often meets…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.