See how to deploy a complex set of AWS services via a JSON template. This example deploys an AWS VPC with multiple availability zones, security groups, and other security objects.
- [Instructor] So let's look at cloud formation.…Now inside the console…we've actually already used this…when we were looking at spinning up individual services.…Let's review some of the stacks…which we've already implemented from our templates…just to understand how this works.…We started with an S3 template,…so I'm going to click on it.…And you can see that it gets a stack ID…because we implemented it.…And it has some output, so it built a bucket basically…and it enabled it to be a website.…
And there is our physical ID,…and here is our event log,…and we can drill into the events and get more information.…Here is the actual template, so it's a JSON file.…We have parameters that are exposed by our template.…Key in a value for tagging,…and we didn't tag this one.…We did not set a stack policy.…This would be an additional set of information…about under what conditions…this template could be run as a stack or implemented.…
And the last thing here is really interesting.…These are change sets.…The idea is that we can version our source…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.