Use sample AWS service CloudFormation templates to quickly spin up AWS resource instances for monitoring. See a simple template used to spin up an S3 bucket via a CloudFormation stack.
- Now in order for us to monitor AWS Services,…we have to turn them on.…As I've been mentioning, this is not a course to cover…these services so we're going to use an automated method…to turn on services and sets of services,…and turn them back off.…That is AWS Cloud Formation Stacks.…So, what these are, are text templates.…They're JSON files.…Confirmation templates and AWS provides a number…of different samples and we'll be using them…throughout this course.…You implement them just spin up service instances.…So S3 Buckets, RDS Databases.…
Some of them even include data in the particular template…so you can spin up a website, for example with HTML files.…The Cloud formation Template, when you implement it,…runs as an AWS stack instance…and you'll see it in the Cloud Formation section…of the console.…So we'll be doing this a number of times.…If this is new to you, this is a best practice…around automation so you can consider it kind of…a side benefit of this monitoring course.…Starting to learn this best practice of the configuration…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.