Understand when and how to use tools for advanced application monitoring scenarios, including AWS and third-party tools.
- [Woman] Now, in this section,…we're going to look yet again at CloudFormation…in the context of it being an advanced tool…for application monitoring on the AWS Cloud.…In addition, there is a tool from Amazon…that is in beta at the time of this release called X-Ray.…We'll take a little look at that.…And then, we'll get into some of the third party tools…that I've used with customers.…These are not Amazon tools, but they are designed…to work with Amazon application monitoring,…and you purchase them.…And the tools I've worked with are Loggly and New Relic.…
There's lots of them out there.…These are just ones that I've worked with.…So, to get started, let's look…at CloudFormation stacks one last time.…So, we're in the main console.…We're going to go into CloudFormation.…And you might remember from an earlier movie…that I deployed a Quick Start VPC as a pattern.…Now, I deliberately waited til now to come back to it…because it's a pretty complicated template,…and, as we've been moving from monitoring services…and groups of services into full applications,…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.