Use the AWS CLI to view metrics by running an AWS CLI command for CloudWatch to view available advanced metrics for your EC2 instance.
- [Instructor] Here we are in the AWS CLI Command Reference…for Cloudwatch.…So we're now going to use the CLI to examine Cloudwatch…metrics.…When you're working with Cloudwatch, I recommend that you…review the documentation for whichever tool you're using…whether it's CLI or whether, as we will in subsequent…movies CSDK.…So you can see here that we have a list of available…commands and the first thing we're going to do is just list…the metrics.…So if we click on the list metrics, we'll get an example…and what we're going to do here is we're going to list…the metrics available for a specific service so S3 and EC2.…
Just so we can kind of tie this together with what we saw…on the console and again you'll remember we enabled…advanced metrics for our EC2 Instance so we'll see something…other than defaults.…And this will be returned in text so you can see the example…here in JSON output.…We're going to go ahead and jump over to script file…just 'cause I've written out these commands, 'cause it's…quicker and simpler.…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.